What is Vetrazzo?
What are the Pros of Vetrazzo?
- Artists handcraft each countertop, which makes your surfaces a work of art!
- Natural resources cannot compete with the sustainability of Vetrazzo.
- Its durability rivals that of granite.
- It tolerates heat and resists moisture.
- The specially designed sealant of Vetrazzo prevents the growth of bacteria.
- Manufactured to be UV resistant, Vetrazzo can be used outside!
- Vetrazzo is backed by a 10-year limited warranty.
What are the Cons of Vetrazzo?
- While Vetrazzo is not as high-maintenance as marble or granite, you must be careful to clean spills because acidic liquids can etch the protective sealant.
- To prolong its beauty and durability, Vetrazzo requires a sealer be reapplied once a year.
- Just like the edge of granite can become damaged, a piece of glass may chip out of an edge. If this occurs try to preserve the piece of glass. A fabricator will re-adhere it or otherwise repair the damage.
- Due to the unique handcrafted-ness of Vetrazzo, it comes in at a higher price point than many surfaces.
- Rated for outdoor use, you should know that UV light will cause visible changes in the surface over time.
How to Care and Maintain Vetrazzo
Please do not use abrasive cleaners on your Vetrazzo countertops as these will impact the sealant. Avoid using acids, like citrus, on your countertop as this can etch the surface. Simply wash with soap and water to keep them shiny and germ free. Occasionally applying a marble polish will keep them looking as amazing as they did the day they arrived.
The Best Uses of Vetrazzo
You can use Vetrazzo in place of any natural stone. Its highly polished surface is nontoxic, nonporous, and heat resistant. It offers the best fashion statement without harming the earth or the environment.
And it’s one of only a handful of materials that is approved for outdoor use, so you can use it outside!