What is Silestone?
Silestone, created by Cosentino, is formulated by a unique blend of recycled materials and premium natural quartz. Cosentino wanted to create a sustainable way to beautify your home and that is what they did. They offer their quartz countertops in multiple finishes and colors. By using sustainable products, Cosentino is very eco-conscious so you can feel good about using their products in your home.
What are the Pros of Silestone?
- With Cosentino’s engineering their quartz line is scratch-resistant, acid-resistant, and stain-resistant.
- Silestone is a non-porous surface and highly resistant to staining caused by coffee, wine, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, makeup and many other everyday products. Also, due to being non-porous, this surface is bacteria resistant.
- Very low maintenance – simply wipe it down daily, and it’ll keep its shine. And there’s no annual application of sealer to worry about!
- With the widest range of surface finishes – like polished, suede, or a volcano finish – there’s sure to be a finish to suit your tastes.
- They offer home and commercial options, so your business will look as fabulous as your home!
- Cosentino offers a 25 year limited transferable warranty on Silestone.
What are the Cons of Silestone?
- These countertops do not resist heat, so use pot holders or trivets.
- Silestone tends to be more expensive than other quartz options.
How to Care and Maintain Silestone
- Use a mild cleaner and warm water for daily maintenance.
- No special cleaning product is needed to clean Silestone. It is suggested that bleaches and harsh chemicals be avoided.
- If you must use bleach you should dilute it down. Bleach can continue to affect the surface for up to 12 hours after application, so be sure to wash it off thoroughly.
- Don’t cut foods directly on the counters, as this can cause visible scratching.
- Never apply any sealers or polishes to the surface. The finish your Silestone has upon installation will last for years.
The Best Uses of Silestone
Silestone by Cosentino works perfectly in kitchens and bathrooms. We do not recommend you use it outside.